Date: March, 2018
Online at your own pace
Cost: $600 (Fees, Graduate Credit, Materials)
$500 for SCECH's
Credit: 3 hours Graduate Credit,
Spring Arbor University, EDU 517,
or 75 SCECH hours (Michigan Professional Development Hours)
1. What materials will I need? You will receive an information packet for the class in the mail which contains the Educating the Whole Child Workbook and a Spring Arbor University Registration Form. The Workbook will contain a section for each speaker with notes to follow while watching the videos online, and questions to be submitted on Google Forms for homework.
2. How do I register with SAU for the graduate credit? Please complete the SAU registration form and email it to Heather.firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to Advantage Discipline at PO Box 1008, Ada, MI 49301, no later than March 1.
3. Is this course offered for 3 hours of graduate credit? Yes. All Spring Arbor University’s off campus 3 hour graduate courses are numbered EDU 517. The name of the course differentiates each year’s class.
4. How do I view the online videos? On March 1 you will receive an email with links to the class videos. Once you receive this email you can begin the class and proceed at your own pace.
5. What if I can’t access the video links? If you do not receive this email by March 1 please contact Heather Werkema immediately, at email@example.com she will work with you to get the links.
6. How many videos are there to watch? There will be approximately 20 videos for you to view each lasting from one to one and a half hours. They are videos of the Educating the Whole Child Class that Advantage Discipline presented in real time last summer.
7. How long do I have to view the videos? The videos will be available online until March 31.
8. How can I comment or ask questions about the class and the videos? The website we are using provides a comment section where you can post any of your thoughts as you watch the videos. We will monitor this section daily and respond to your questions. If you have a more detailed comment please e-mail it to Sarah, firstname.lastname@example.org and she will respond directly to you.
9. How do I submit my assignments? The assignments, which are 6 questions at the end of each speaker’s section of your book, can be submitted using Google Forms. A link to each speaker’s Google Form will be printed in your book, and in addition the links will be emailed to you on March 1. Please contact Heather Werkema with any questions on Google Forms at email@example.com .
10. When are the assignments due? There is a set of 6 questions for each of our five speakers. Questions for speakers 1, 2, are due by March 15. All other assignments are due by April 1. Your assignments can be quite brief (a few sentences or a paragraph per question).
If you have questions at any time during the class please let either Sarah or Heather know via e-mail. We will be happy to offer suggestions and support. Thank you for your participation in our webcast. We look forward to talking with you online.